If you spend a lot of time in bed, you will benefit from the best sit up pillows. It has one main purpose – to provide total back support when you are sitting in your bed. Whether you are reading a book or watching TV, this pillow will come handy.
Looking for a sit up pillow can be challenging because of the overwhelming options. From the material to the design, there are several factors you need to consider.
Looking for the best sit up pillows? If you are clueless about what to buy, keep on reading and learn from our recommendations.
Top 8 Picks for the Best Sit Up Pillows by Consumer Reviews
While it may be tempting to choose based on price alone, that should not be the case. To help you make the right choice, below are some of the top products that should be on your radar.
1. InteVision Foam Bed Wedge Pillow
Among others, the two-layer design is one of the best features of this pillow. The top part is a soft memory foam pillow. The bottom material, on the other hand, is softer. With this combination, you can expect it to be comfortable and supportive.
The two-inch top memory foam pillow is also good because it is adjustable. You can customize its position depending on what is comfortable for your head, neck, shoulders, and back.
The cover is also impressive. It is machine-washable, making it easy to maintain its peak quality even with long-term use. It is made of 400 thread count Egyptian cotton, which is known for being comfortable and luxurious.
However, one of the common complaints about this product is how it is larger than standard sit up pillows. This is recommended only if you have a big bed.
Lastly, you can have peace of mind with your purchase. Within 30 days, if you are unhappy with its quality, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Has an adjustable memory foam headrest
- Can effectively regulate temperature
- Comes with a machine-washable cover
- Can have foul smell because of polyethylene packaging
- Too big for some users
2. LINENSPA Shredded Foam Pillow
Whether you are breastfeeding or reading a book, among other things that you do while on a bed, this is another top pick for the best sit up pillows.
One of the best features of this product is the use of shredded memory foam pillow as the main material for the filling. It can be molded or personalized depending on the shape that is most comfortable for your back.
You will also love how it comes in three sizes. It is available in large, extra-large, and extra-large with neck support.
The velour cover is also a plus, especially if you are looking for a durable and soft material. There are two color options for the cover – stone and navy. It is not removable or machine-washable. The manufacturer recommends spot cleaning to get rid of dirt or stain.
If you need to move it from one room to another, you will also appreciate how it comes with a top carrying handle.
Lastly, the pillow is backed by a three-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Made of high-quality materials
- Has a comfortable velour cover
- Comes with a carrying handle
- Has an awful smell
- Firmness may be inconsistent
3. Husband Pillow Sky Blue Big Backrest Pillow
This may be quite expensive compared to the first two pillows that are mentioned above, but the price should not be an issue given its quality.
Like most of the options for the best sit up pillow, this is also made using shredded memory foam. This makes it effortless to conform to the shape of your body for personalized comfort.
To make it even more comfortable, you will also love its micro-plush cover. You can change the covers depending on the color that you want or based on what is suitable for the bedroom. However, you have to purchase the covers separately.
The zippered shell is also a good feature of this pillow. This means that you can easily add or remove shredded memory foam depending on how soft or firm you want the pillow to be.
Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a three-year warranty for this sit-up pillow. Plus, with 100 days, if it fails to meet your expectations, you can return the pillow to the manufacturer and they will issue an unconditional refund.
- Easily fluffs out of the packaging
- Changeable cover
- Some people may find the back to be too high
- Has a chemical odor
4. Cushy Form Bed Wedge Pillow
If you want to turn your bed into a comfortable recliner, this is one product that will work like magic. Although, some people might find it too low for back support. It can also be too big for some beds.
Because the pillow can be too low for some users, the best solution is to add another pillow to make the top part higher.
The pillow is medically-designed, so you can be confident about its effectiveness. The top height is 12 inches. This can effectively correct your sleeping position, which is good for snoring, heartburn, sinus, and acid reflux, among others.
You will also love the removable, washable, and breathable cover that comes with this pillow. This makes it effortless to maintain the peak position of the cover.
Unhappy with your purchase? You won’t end up wasting your money since the manufacturer will issue a 100% unconditional refund.
- Made of high-density foam
- Risk-free purchase
- Comes with a breathable cover
- Can be too low for sitting
- Some might find it to be too big
5. Xtra-Comfort Bed Wedge Pillow
The versatility of this product is one of the reasons why we have included this on our list of the best sit up pillows. It comes with a 4-in-1 design. You can adjust the position of the wedge depending on the height and angle that you find to be most comfortable.
In terms of its construction, you will love how it is made of soft and breathable memory foam. This conforms to your back depending on its shape and the pressure that your body applies to the pillow. The memory foam, however, is combined with other materials.
The cover, on the other hand, is made of polyester. It comes with high-quality zippers, making it easy to remove and wash the cover when needed.
You will have 60 days to try the pillow without any risk. If you are unhappy in any way with your purchase, you can return it to the manufacturer, and you will receive an unconditional refund.
- Comes with a versatile design
- Has a zippered cover
- Made of supportive and breathable foam
- Not made of 100% memory foam
- Can be too firm for some
6. BetterRest Deluxe Bed Wedge Pillow
If you are looking for a therapeutic sit up pillow, this is one option that should make it on your list. The company’s research and development team worked with professionals to come up with a science-backed design.
Among others, one of its distinct features is BiFoam Technology. There are two foam layers to make it more supportive. The top layer is made of memory foam, which can provide customized comfort and support. The base layer, on the other hand, is made of a firmer foam.
The velour twill cover is also a plus. This is soft, guaranteeing comfort while you sleep. It is also removable and washable, which makes it effortless to maintain.
It is also good in terms of versatility since it offers an adjustable incline. You can position it at a 30-degree angle if you are reclining and 60-degree angle if you are sitting.
Lastly, you will also like how it is expandable. The pillow comes with a unique design that will allow you to combine it with a leg wedge pillow from the same manufacturer. This will provide full-body support while you are in bed.
- Has an adjustable incline
- Good lumbar support
- Some might find it too narrow
- The angle can be quite uncomfortable
7. Avana Kind Bed Orthopedic Support Pillow Comfort System with Bamboo Cover
The first thing that you will notice in this pillow is its steep price. This can easily discourage many people. However, by looking at its features, it is easy to be convinced that the price is justifiable.
One thing that makes this unique is that it comes as a four-piece system. It offers adjustability so that you can use the pillow in multiple situations. The set comes with a knee rest, headrest, scoop cradle, and back scoop.
In terms of its construction, the top layer is made of one-inch memory foam. Despite this, some people did not like how it can end up being quite firm. The base layer, on the other hand, is durable urethane foam with a medium density.
Like most of the options that are included on our list, it also comes with a removable and washable cover. The bamboo top is not only eco-friendly but also comfortable and breathable.
- Comes with an eco-friendly cover
- Has an adjustable lumbar support
- Includes a four-set system
- Some people find it to be too hard
8. Brookstone 4-in-1 Bed Wedge Pillow
Wrapping up our list of the best sit up pillows is another product that is made of memory foam. This means that it will conform depending on the shape of your body, which is great if you are looking for customized comfort.
The NapSoft cover is also a good feature. This is a soft and comfortable material that is also gentle even on sensitive skin. While the cover has a visible zipper, it is for decoration purposes only. Some people might not like how the cover cannot be removed.
The versatile design is also a plus for most people. You can make several adjustments based on the position that you find to be most comfortable. Users can choose from a 30 or 60-degree angle, depending on whether you are lying or sitting.
- Adjustable position
- Supportive and comfortable
- Conforms to the shape of the body
- Pillow alignment can be better
- Cover is not removable
How to Choose the Best Sit Up Pillow
As you try to narrow down the possibilities, below are some of the most important things to consider.
- Material: This is important as it directly affects comfort and durability, among other things. For the cover, polyester, suede, velour, and cotton are the most popular options. For the filling, memory foam and shredded memory are exceptional.
- Size: The right size for the sit up pillow will depend on your requirements. Make sure that it is large enough to support your back or body. This will also depend on the size of your bed. The top part should reach your neck and the top of your shoulders. It must cover your entire back.
- Firmness: Your choice of how soft or hard the pillow is will be based on your preferences. Some people are more comfortable with a softer pillow while others may want it to be firmer.
- Shape: This refers to the overall design of the pillow. The shape must be supportive and comfortable. Wedge, triangle, square, and bolster are some of the most popular options.
- Versatility: If the sit up pillow is versatile, this means that you can adjust the angle or the position to promote the best in terms of comfort.
For many of us, our bed is not only made for sleeping or lying down. Often, we also sit, such as when playing games on our phones, working on a laptop, watching TV, or reading a book, among other activities. In these situations, you will benefit from using the best sit up pillows, including our recommendations above.
The right pillow should provide appropriate back support. Choose materials that are supportive but comfortable. It should not make your back hot. The durability of the pillow is also a crucial consideration.