The best gas fire pit is an excellent addition to your patio or backyard. It is one of the instant ways to elevate the aesthetic of your home. It combines both form and function. Aside from being stylish, it also adds warmth, perfect for the nights you will gather around with your family and friends.
Compared to wood fire pits, gas fire pits are more visually-appealing, cleaner, and less of a hassle to use.
If you are looking for the best gas fire pit, keep on reading and we’ll let you know some of the top products to consider.
Reviews of Top 7 Picks for the Best Gas Fire Pit Reviews
From their shape to size, gas fire pits are different in more ways than one. If you are having a hard time deciding what to buy, below are some of the top products that should be on your list.
1. Outland Living Series 401 Propane Gas Fire Pit
This is probably one of the best-looking fire pits we have seen. If aesthetics is an important consideration, this is what you should choose.
It combines both form and function, so you will be happy to know that it also has exceptional performance. It can hold a one-pound propane gas cylinder. It has an output of 35,000 BTU/hour, which makes it deliver unmatched heating.
The construction of this gas fire pit is also notable. It is made of high-quality steel that is guaranteed to withstand the test of time. The knob, on the other hand, is made of chrome. This will give you complete control over the intensity of the flame. Meanwhile, the black top is made of durable tempered glass.
As a bonus, aside from the table gas fire pit, the package is also inclusive of a sturdy tripod base with torches to complete the look.
- High-quality construction
- Powerful heating performance
- Difficult ignition
2. AZ Patio Heaters GS-F-PC Propane Fire Pit
If you are looking for a table-style gas fire pit, this is one product that should be on your list. With dimensions of 38x29x38, this has the perfect size for most spaces. There is a heating output of 40,000 BTU, which the manufacturer claims is suitable for areas that are up to 15 square feet.
It is also worth noting that it has a solid steel construction. There’s no doubt that it is a durable material. However, many people are unhappy with how heavy the material is. This means that you might have a hard time when moving the fire pit around.
At the bottom of the table, there is an easy access door. This will make it easy to put the propane tank on and off. This will also conceal a 20-pound tank to create a more seamless look.
- Heavy-duty construction
- Easy ignition system
- High heat output
- Difficult to get the lid on and off
3. Best Choice Products 48x27in 50,000 BTU Patio Propane Fire Pit Table
The design of this fire pit is one of its best assets. This can be a stylish addition to any space. It has a farmhouse slab-style that will make your house more scenic. It is sure to be talked about by your guests.
Ease of use is another good reason to choose this product. All that you need is to turn a knob and the flames will ignite automatically.
The tank is stored in a multifunctional side table. Aside from hiding the tank, it can also hold drinks and foods and will be a great accent piece.
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy construction
- May not stay lit
- Igniter can be problematic
4. Hiland HIL-FP-1201 Fire Pit Propane
Elevate the look of outdoor spaces with this option for the best gas fire pit. It has a hammered bronze finish and decorated with gold accents. It will make any place look more appealing aside from adding warmth.
In terms of construction, the main material that is used in this fire pit is cast aluminum. This is a lighter alternative compared to steel, so it will be easy to move the fire pit in a different place. The propane burner, on the other hand, is made of stainless steel.
Speaking for warmth, we also like how it has a power of 42,000 BTU. With this, you can expect that it will provide exceptional heating. It can warm a radius of up to 15 feet.
Lastly, for your peace of mind, it is also good to know that this fire pit is backed by the manufacturer for one year.
- Comes with adjustable heat
- Has glass beads
- Assembly can be tricky
- Base can be uneven
5. Hiland FS-1010-T-12 Fire Pit
One of the best assets of this product is the all-aluminum construction. This material is known for being lightweight and durable. However, some users noted that the hammered bronze finish can be better. It might easily fade when exposed to outdoor elements.
The piezoelectric ignition is another good feature that you will find in this fire pit. Similar to the options listed in this short buying guide, ignition will be almost effortless on your end.
As for its performance, it has a heat output of 42,000 BTU. According to the manufacturer, this is more than enough to heat a diameter of 15 feet.
- Easy to ignite
- Comes with an all-aluminum housing
- Makes an annoying hissing sound
- Color can easily fade
6. Outdoor Great Room Montego Crystal Fire Pit Table
If you are looking for the perfect outdoor statement piece for your home, this is one product that should be on your list. This is a coffee table that converts into a fire pit. It has a wicker base, which is also known for its great weather resistance. The tempered glass top is also notable, especially because of its aesthetics.
The burner in this fire pit has a rated power of 88,000 BTU. This is one of the most powerful of the products that are included in our recommendations. If you need to heat a large space, you can be confident in the performance of this product.
The push-button igniter is also an exceptional feature of this product. It won’t take long before the flames are set and the fire pit can provide the warmth that you need.
- Doubles as a stylish table
- Good heat output
- Hardware included has poor quality
7. Outdoor Great Room Naples Chat Height Gas Fire Pit
This is another product that we love because of its versatility. On one side, there is a fire pit bowl while the rest is a functional table. It can be used as a traditional coffee table, making it a great investment for the patio. It comes with a wicker base and a glass top.
For the heating performance, this model has a total of 66,000 BTU. There is also a push-button igniter, making it quick to start.
Lastly, when you purchase this product, you will also receive ten pounds of diamond-colored fire glass. This will make the fire pit more attractive when it is used.
- Tempered glass top
- Comes with a natural gas conversion kit
- Connecting to a gas line can be tricky
How to Choose the Best Gas Fire Pit
With too many options for a gas fire pit, choosing what to buy is a challenging task. To help you narrow down your choices, below are the most important factors to consider.
Gas fire pits differ in terms of the fuel that they use to burn flames. Below are some of the choices that you will have:
- Propane: If you are looking for a plug-and-play fire pit, this is what you should choose. It is connected to a propane tank and it uses a push-button spark ignition, which will make it user-friendly.
- Natural Gas: This is from the same natural gas that powers your home. You will need to have a gas line for the fire pit. This isn’t a DIY task, so make sure that you work only with a licensed professional.
- Gel and Ethanol: If your goal of having a fire pit is to make any space look better but you do not need the heat, then gel and ethanol will be good choices. Gel is in a small can filled with flammable gel. For larger areas, ethanol is better. Regardless of what you choose, the main drawback is that you will need to refill often.
While gas fire pits don’t look as natural as wood, they are available in a variety of styles. Choose one that will complement the overall look that you are trying to achieve. Here are some of the most common gas fire pit styles to consider.
- Gas Fire Pit Table: This is great because of its multifunctional design. It can instantly transform into a regular table when you are not using the fire pit.
- Gas Fire Pit Bowl: Bowl-style fire pits are charming and stylish. They will make a great focal point in any space.
- Gas Fire Pit Columns: If you are looking for a space-efficient fire pit, this will do. It can be conveniently placed on the corner.
- Gas Fire Pit Girls: Do you love cooking outdoors? If you do, then this is a great choice since the fire pit can instantly convert into a grill.
The design, performance, price, and durability of the fire pit can be affected by the material that is used. Below are some of the most common materials you will find.
- Concrete: This is a heavy material, but it is known for its durability and weather-resistance. Because of its weight, this will be difficult to move from one place to another.
- Steel: Especially if the steel is powder-coated, this is another material known for its durability. If you are in wet or humid places, however, steel is not recommended because it can be prone to rust.
- Stainless Steel: For those who live in wet and humid areas, this is a good choice because it is rust-resistant. It is more expensive compared to steel.
- Aluminum: For a lightweight fire pit that you can easily move around, it is hard to go wrong with aluminum.
- Copper: This is one of the best materials for fire pits, and also one of the most expensive. This is sure to be an elegant addition to any space.
Give your patio the stylish treatment that it deserves! The best gas fire pit is one thing that you will need! More than just upping the aesthetic of your space, it is also functional, especially in terms of keeping you warm. Consider our recommendations above and it will be hard for you to go wrong!